Tree pruning is essential in helping a tree to develop strength and shape. For young trees, the aim is to establish a solid trunk with evenly spaced branches. Tree pruning itself is more complex than simply cutting - as each incision may significantly change the tree's growth.
A tree that is correctly pruned will be strong and healthy, safe and stable, and more aesthetically pleasing. In addition, how trees are trained to grow can have a significant bearing on their future surroundings, such as overhanging highways or blocking light.
At Frontier Forestry we provide specialist skills and expertise in the most appropriate and correct pruning methods which ensure the tree is not harmed or damaged.
We help trees to take shape and our services include:
- Tidying: removing dead, crowded or weak branches
- Thinning: removing specific branches to increase light and reduce weight
- Crown raising: removing lower branches from a tree to provide clearance
- Crown reduction: reducing the overall height or spread of a tree
- Specialist operations: Dutch Elm Disease control and fruit trees
For further information on our tree pruning services or to discuss your requirements contact us.
Call Andrew Jenkins, Managing Director, on:
0131 445 8652
If you require help urgently, you can contact us on 07770 314 818.
Office HoursMon-Fri 8am to 4pm
Frontier Forestry Ltd